Breaking the gender binary provides education, consultation and support to businesses and families of all sizes to accept people of all gender identities.
I want to help your business or family provide not only a safe and inclusive environment, but to also have a greater understanding of how the rigid structure of the gender binary system negatively impacts everyone. As a queer, transgender man I want to ensure that all gender identities are honored, appreciated and valued.
I have been providing education and training in this field for nearly a decade. As someone who has the lived experience of being a transgender person I can provide knowledge, insight and understanding on a topic which many people find uncomfortable or confusing.
Every situation that you encounter with a gender non-binary person will be unique. We will help you walk through the steps to create a welcoming, productive and successful environment for everyone.
What i offer
INITIAL CONSULTATION -
To get the process started we will start with a free 60 minute phone or in person consultation. This will allow us time to discuss the type of services that would best fit your needs.
TRAININGS - $250/hr
Gender 101 -
This is the most basic level of training offered. For all new clients this training is required unless determined otherwise during our initial consultation.
- Basic terminology
- Foundational concepts in understanding the gender binary
- Simple and concrete do's and don't's to create a welcoming environment
Gender 201 -
(Gender 101 required) - This training offers a higher level of education and support. This training builds on the basic concepts learned in Gender 101.
- Intermediate terminology
- Small group, skill building activities
- Significant time allotted for specific questions - which is one of the greatest learning tools I use.
1:1 CONSULTING SESSIONS - Hourly rates vary
There are many complications and complexities when working towards supporting anyone's gender identity. These sessions offer an opportunity to discuss and work through complicated issues that may be affecting the professional environment.
- Logistical and technical support
- Troubleshoot issues
- Experienced, knowledgeable and compassionate advice
PHONE AND ONLINE CONSULTING - $75/hr
These sessions can offer a more flexible and convenient way to address an issue, whether it's small or large.
- The first 15 minutes of phone sessions are free of charge. These sessions can take place over the phone or Skype. $75/hour after 15 minutes.
- Email exchanges are free of charge. This fee structure may change based on the quantities and contents of emails. This will be discussed with you before a fee is charged.
- Caitlin Gable High School
- Friends of the Children
- Lewis & Clark College
- Meaningful Care Conference
- Northwest Natural Gas, Inc.
- Nike, Inc.
- Portland State University
- Regional Research Institute
- Northwest Natural Gas
- Portland General Electric
- Pacific Northwest Swimming